Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question for everyone?  (Read 1545 times)

Beardedknight

• View Profile
I know that there are multiple ways to do the same thing in woodworking, and we each have our preferences.
So my question to everyone is this: What is Woodworking to you?
I will leave it at that for now and post my own response after some other replays are made.
Look forward to reading your thoughts.
As always Keep the Sawdust flying,
 Beardedknight

Ted Leger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question for everyone?
« Reply #1 on: »
It started as a hobby, and for a decade became a business. Now it's a hobby again that I love to write about. I am the editor of Woodesinger.net and moderate this forum. There are so many opportunities for me to expand and help others to so I will continue to put my ideas into action.

Ron Suchara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: »
My grandfather and dad were woodworkers and I enjoy it as a hobby. Over time I branched off into carpentry but never ventured too far from simply creating items in wood. I've started into carving and toy making. Not only do I like working  with wood but enjoy learning  many of the new and alternative methods evolving constantly. Woodworking never grows old and most of the projects I've done have been given as gifts or are attached to walls, like the mantle I built for our new house. My daughter made a sign for my shop that sums it up: ' sawdust is dad' glitter'.

Leverett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: »
Woodworking is just a hobby for me, but also a passion. I think I got the love for it from my grandfather. My dad never showed interest in it so I guess it skipped a generation. haha